How to do it:
1. Standing in mountain pose with your feet together, begin to shift your weight onto your left foot.
2. Bend your right knee, grab your ankle and place the sole of your foot on your inner left thigh, toes pointing down (you may rest your foot on your shin if you have trouble balancing).
3. Keeping your hips even, lengthen your spine up as you bring your palms together at your heart.
4. Stretch your arms overhead and strengthen your standing leg.
Hold for 5-10 breaths and repeat on the other side.
- Improves physical balance
- Calms your nerves
- Strengthens ankles, knees and hips