1. Start standing up tall. Separate your feet a bit wider than hip width, and start to bend your knees sitting low in a squat.
2. Root down through your heels. If your heels do not touch the ground, you may roll the back of your mat to rest them there or sit onto a block.
3. Separate your knees wider than your torso, lift the chest and draw your sitting bones down.
4. Bring your hands to your heart, pressing your elbows against your inner thighs working to bring your thumbs towards the centre of your chest
5. Keeping a nice straight spine, reach up through the crown of your head.
Hold for 15-30 breaths. Release, straighten the legs, parallel the feet and fold forward relaxing the head
- Gentle hip opener
- Stretches the ankle, groins and legs
- Calms the mind