Utthita ParsvakonasanaHow to do it:
1. Stand with your legs comfortably wide apart
2. Raise your arms up to the side shoulder height, as you turn your right foot out 90° and your left toes in slightly aligning your heels.
3. Bend your right knee, until your knee is just above your ankle, and place your right hand outside your foot (you may also bring your forearm to your knee for modification).
4. Open the chest as your raise your left arm up and over your left ear. Gaze up at your extended arm.
5. Keep your back leg strong. Draw your right hipbone back and left shoulder blade down.
Hold for 5 breaths then repeat on the other side.
- Strengthens and stretches the legs, knees, and ankles
- Stretches the groins, spine, chest and shoulders
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Helps relieve sciatica and a tired back