Wednesday, January 30, 2013
1. Start in plank pose, bringing your shoulders over your wrists. Bring your feet together and start to shift your weight into your right hand and roll onto the outer edge of your right foot (stacking your feet). *You may also put one foot in front of the other, or step your left foot forward halfway up your mat for modification.
2. Bring your left hand to your left hip for balance. Lift and open your chest. Once your stable reach your top arm up.
3. Shift your gaze up to your extended hand. Avoid sinking in your hips, stay strong in your body and lift up through your right hip.
Stay for 5-10 breaths then slowly push back to downward dog for a breath and repeat on the left side
- Strengthens the core, arms and legs
- Improves sense of balance
- Stretches the side body, wrists and legs