1. Start on your hands and knees with the tops of the feet on the floor, bring your legs together and sit back on your heels. For more advance, separate the feet and sit between your heels making sure your ankles are not splaying out to the sides.
2. Maintain a nice flat back reaching up the crown of the head and soften your shoulders.
3. Modification: kneel on a folded blanket or mat to protect your knees and you may sit on a block if your sitting bones aren't evenly aligned.
4. Close your eyes, rest your hands on your thighs and stay here breathing evenly for 30 seconds to a minute.
To come out, slowly life your hips off your heels slightly and shift your weight over to one side. Extend your legs out in front of you to shake it off
- Stretches the thighs, knees and ankles
- Strengthens the arches of the feet
- Improves digestion and calmes the nerves