1. Start in plank. Bring your shoulders stacked right over your wrists and push back through your heels.
2. Reach the crown of your head forward and keep one straight line with your body.
3. On an inhale, raise your right leg keeping your hips squared.
4. As you exhale, shift forward and lower down halfway to a four-limbed staff pose (chaturanga)
Hug your elbows close to your side body, stay connected to your core and breathe deeply. You may lower down all the way onto your belly or push back up to plank. Repeat with your left leg.
- Strengthens arms, shoulders and legs
- Develops core stability
- Teaches proper alignment and prepares you for inversions and arm balances