1. Start sitting with your legs straight out in front of you. You may sit on a folded blanket or mat to help support your bottom.
2. Bend your knees, and slide your left foot under your right leg, placing it on the outside of your right hip.
3. Step the right foot over the left leg to the outside of your left hip. Keep your foot flat on the floor and your knee pointing up.
4. Place your right hand behind you. As you inhale raise your left arm up; as you exhale twist to the right and bring your elbow to the outside of your right thigh
5. Gaze over your right shoulder. Lengthen the spine and reach up through the crown of your head.
Stay for 5-10 breaths, then slowly release and repeat on the other side
- Aids in digestion
- Stimulates the liver and kidney
- Relieves menstrual discomfort and headaches