GarudasanaHow to do it:
1. Starting in mountain pose, extend both of your arms out in front of you.
2. Bring your right arm under your left, cross at the elbows and bring your palms together (may grab opposite shoulders if too intense)
3. Pull your elbows up, shoulders down and draw your hands away from your face.
4. Bend your knees then cross your right thigh over your left. You can keep your right big toe on the ground, or hook your ankle around your left calf.
5. Sink the hips, squeeze everything together, and make sure your elbows and knees are all in one line.
Keep your gaze forward and stay for 5-10 deep breaths then repeat on the other side
- Strengthens and stretches the ankles and calves
- Stretches the thighs, hips, shoulders, and upper back
- Improves concentration and balance