1. Start by standing tall at the top of your mat with your hands on your hips
2. Bend your knees and step your left leg back towards the back of your mat coming into a high lunge
3. Ensure that your front knee is bent 90 degrees and your knee is directly over your ankle
4. Keep your back leg strong, lift up from your thigh and push back through your heel, staying on the ball of your foot. *modification: you may bring your back knee down
5. On an inhale, raise your arms up (crescent pose). On an exhale, bring your palms together and down to the centre on your chest as you twist to the right, bringing your left elbow to the outside of your front knee.
6. Press into your palms, lift the heart up and look over your right shoulder
Stay for 5-10 breaths, then release and repeat on the other side.
- Stretches and stretches the legs, knees and ankles
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Increases stamina and improves balance
Image source: Laura May photography