1. Start sitting down with your legs extended out in front of you
2. Bend your right knee over your left and bring your foot to the outside of your left hip. Then place your left foot to the outside of your right hip, stacking both of your knees
3. Sit evenly on both sitting bones.
4. Raise your right arm in the air and bend your elbow placing the palm of your hand below your neck.
5. Rotate your left arm behind you, palm facing away from you and try to clasp both right and left fingers together. (modification: use a strap)
6. Firm your shoulder blades against your back ribs and lift your chest.
Stay and breathe deeply for one minute. Then release and switch legs and arms.
- Stretches the hips, shoulders, ankles, armpits and chest.
- Lengthens and opens both sides of the body.
- Helps maintain good posture.