Monday, December 25, 2017
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
1. Start lying on your belly. Bend your knees and reach your arms back to grab a hold of your ankles, keeping your knees hip width apart.
2. On an inhale, start to life the chest and pull your feet back away from your buttocks as you lift the thighs. Keep your shoulder blades back and open the heart.
3. Maintain a strong even breath in and out through the nose
Hold for 10-20 breaths, then slowly release and lie back down resting your head to one side with arms and legs relaxed
- Stretches the front body, ankles and thighs
- Strengthens the back
- Stimulates the organs
Sunday, October 29, 2017
1. Start kneeling with your toes curled under, feet touching and knees wide
2. Deeply round your back, tuck your chin into your chest and place the top of your head on the floor.
3. Place your hands between your knees with your fingers pointing towards your feet.
4. Gaze back towards your feet and place your belly on your elbows. Keep your elbows hugging close towards the centre of your body.
5. Begin to walk your feet back until your legs are straight. Lift your head off the floor and gaze slightly forward.
6. If you want to go deeper, shift forward and lift your feet off the ground
Hold for 5 breaths, then slowly drop your knees to the floor, tuck your chin in and slowly sit up.
- Strengthens your abdominals, back, wrists and hands
- Improves focus and balance
- Detoxifies the body
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
1. Start sitting with your legs straight out in front of you. You may sit on a folded blanket or mat to help support your bottom.
2. Bend your knees, and slide your left foot under your right leg, placing it on the outside of your right hip.
3. Step the right foot over the left leg to the outside of your left hip. Keep your foot flat on the floor and your knee pointing up.
4. Place your right hand behind you. As you inhale raise your left arm up; as you exhale twist to the right and bring your elbow to the outside of your right thigh
5. Gaze over your right shoulder. Lengthen the spine and reach up through the crown of your head.
Stay for 5-10 breaths, then slowly release and repeat on the other side
- Aids in digestion
- Stimulates the liver and kidney
- Relieves menstrual discomfort and headaches
Thursday, September 7, 2017
1. Start standing, shift your weight onto your left foot and bring the right sole of your foot to your inner left thigh.
2. Stand up tall, bringing the palms together in front of heart. Once you feel stable, raise the arms up overhead.
3. Release the top of your right hand to your right thigh.
4. Lengthen the left side of the body as you stretch your torso and lean laterally towards the bent knee.
5. Push your foot into your thigh and thigh into your foot to maintain balance and focus. For more of a challenge, gaze up towards the extended hand.
Keep hugging everything towards the midline and stay connected to your core. Hold for 5-10 breaths then slowly release and repeat on the other side.
- Strengthens the legs, buttocks and things
- Increases blood circulation
- Relieves stress and fatigue
Monday, July 31, 2017
Friday, June 30, 2017
1.Stand with your legs comfortably wide apart.
2. Inhale, raise your arms up shoulder height as you turn your right foot out 90° and your left toes in slightly aligning your heels.
3. Exhale, as you shift your hips over to the left, lengthen over your right leg placing your hand on your shin/ankle/foot/floor. Wherever it lands, do not force to go deeper.
4. Inhale, reach your left arm up to the sky, then slowly bring your arm around your low back. Reach your fingers to the inside of your right thigh (if available)
5. Do not collapse in your torso. Open the chest and draw your side ribs in. Press firmly into your feet and keep both legs strong and straight.
Hold for 5 breaths. Repeat on the other side.
- Strengthens and tones legs
- Stretches the hips, groins, hamstrings and calves; shoulders, chest and spine
- Improves digestion
- Stimulates abdominal organs