How to do it:
1. Start sitting with your legs straight in front of you. Bend your right knee, bringing the sole of your foot onto the mat, keeping your heel in line and close to your right sitting bone as possible. Keep your left leg strong and active by flexing your foot.
2. Bring your right fingertips behind you as you exhale your left arm up.
3. Exhale, hollow the belly as you turn your torso towards your right, bringing your left elbow outside your bent knee. (you may hold or wrap your arm around your knee if the stretch is too much)
4. Lengthen the spine as your turn your gaze over the right shoulder.
5. To deepen the stretch, take your right arm behind the back and bind your hands.
Hold for 5 breaths then repeat on the other side.
- Massages abdominal organs, including the liver and kidneys
- Stretches the shoulders
- Relieves mild backache and hip pain
- Strengthens and stretches the spine