1. Stand with your feet hip distance apart, placing your hands on your hips.
2. On an inhale open the chest and gaze up. As you exhale, hinge forward from your hips.
3. Release your hands to grab your big toe with your first two fingers and thumb (you may also rest your hands on your shins or ankles.
4. Inhale, lengthen the spine to look forward, and exhale fold over the legs.
5. Keep your legs engaged, roll your shoulders away from the ears and point the elbows out to the side. Avoid rounding in the back.
Hold for 5-10 breaths, then bring your hands to your hips and slowly come up with a straight spine.
- Strengthens lower back and hamstrings
- Improves digestion
- Stimulates the liver and kidneys