Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana B
1. Standing in mountain pose, shift your weight over to your left foot and then bend your right knee to grab onto your big toe. Rest your left hand on your left hip. You may stay with your knee bent, right hand on your knee.
2. On an exhale open your right hip, extending your right heel out to the side. Pull the toes back. If this is too much, keep your knee bent.
3. Turn your gaze over your left shoulder, staying focused on a point. Keep your standing leg strong.
Hold for 5-10 breaths then repeat on the other side.
- Strengthens the legs and ankles
- Stretches the backs of the legs
- Improves sense of balance