Wednesday, March 23, 2011

revelstoked!

Greetings from beautiful British Columbia! I’ve been here for the last five days and it has been pure R&R with a little bit of an adrenaline rush. Revelstoke, BC is a small town surrounded by vast mountains, and I’m at the centre of it all, located directly on the resort just a step away from the gondola taking me 6000 ft atop North America’s highest vertical drop. Throwing all my fears aside, I tackled the runs with careful strokes, but it definitely wasn’t easy. I suffered a few bumps along the way, but got right up and tried again. I’ve already seen improvements, thanks to a great teacher. These words will always stick with me: “stay low, get athletic, arms forward, reach, plant and ski around the pole!”
My body is really feeling the after effects. I’m sticking with my stretching, doing some yoga every morning, but boy do I feel stiff. I can’t even touch my toes. My legs have officially given up on me. It is exhausting, especially if you are not used to taking 45 mins to an hour to get down. This resort really makes Blue Mountain look like a beginner run.
In the end, the view is well worth it. Fresh crisp air, mountains all around, newly groomed runs, and great company. You couldn’t ask for anything more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment