Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
1. Start lying on your back, bring your arms by your side and bend your knees so the soles of your feet are grounded on the mat.
2. Walk your feet in closer towards your hips, so you can touch the back of you heels.
3. On an inhale press firmly into your feet as you lift your hips up. You may bring your hands onto your lower back for support, or begin to roll your shoulder blades under and interlace your hands behind your back.
4. Make sure your knees are directly over your ankles, feet are hip distance apart and toes are pointing forward.
5. Pull your chin away from your chest and draw your knees away from you.
Hold for 5-10 breaths, then slowly release your hands and lower your hips down one vertebra at a time. Hug your knees into your chest.
- Stretches the chest, neck and spine
- Alleviates stress and mild depression
- Stimulates abdominal organs, lungs and thyroid
- Reduces anxiety, fatigue, backache and headache