How to do it:
1. Lie down with your arms by your side, then bring your knees into your chest.
2. Press down with your hands to lift your hips up over your shoulders, straightening your torso, and supporting your back with your hands.
3. Walk your hands up your back drawing your elbows close together.
4. Stretch your toes up and straighten your legs.
5. Keep your body perpendicular to the floor. If this is too extreme, you may just rest your hips in the hands for support or leave the hips on the floor only extending your legs up, pointing the toes to the sky.
If you feel any discomfort in the neck, then come out of the posture.
Hold for 10-20 breaths then slowly roll your hips down and hug your knees into your chest.
- Stretches shoulders and neck
- Tones organs, legs and buttocks
- Improves digestion
- Calms the brain and helps reduce stress