Adho Mukha Svanasana
1. Come onto all fours into a tabletop position: shoulders over your wrists, knees under your hips.
2. Inhale as you curl your toes under and shift your hips up towards the sky.
3. Exhale, press firmly into your hands, lifting your sitting bones to straighten your legs.
4. Lower your heels to the floor, toes pointing forward. (It’s ok if your heels don’t come all the way down).
5. Relax your head, roll your shoulders away from the ears, firm your thighs and pull your belly in.
Hold for 5-10 breaths then drop your knees and rest in child’s pose.
- Stretches the shoulders, hamstrings, calves and hands
- Energizes the body
- Strengthens arms and legs
- Calms your mind, relieves stress and mild depression