Thursday, May 26, 2011

do you hear a calling?

I’ve been MIA for the last few weeks, and I apologize. This blog has been my release to express myself weekly to all of you, and I’ve been slacking. A trip down south and now battling the flu, gave me no motivation to start typing. With all the downtime I’ve been getting, either laying in bed or watching countless hours of talk shows, the term or expression “calling” has been presented. Are we put on this Earth for a specific purpose? Is everyone born with a calling? Some say yes, and others may disagree. I believe that we all have a calling. It may not be apparent at first, but it can hit you when you least expect it. Callings can me multiple, careers may come and go, but deep down every individual is destined to BE something. You may take this however you may wish, but embrace the life that is your calling, and share that calling with the world. 

As the last Oprah show came to an end, the talk show host summed this up very well: “Nobody is responsible for your life, except you”. She knew all along that she would create greatness. Her calling was to share with the world, and they responded in kindness, as in Karma (she is the most loved and influential woman in television history). The energy that you create for yourself, share that with those around you. Let your vision be heard and make a difference in this world one calling at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment