1. Start it a standing forward fold, with your knees softly bent
2. Bring your left arm between your legs and wrap it behind your left thigh. Reach your right arm behind you to clasp your hands (modification : use a strap)
3. Keeping your gaze down, start to straighten your legs and begin to twist your torso to the right
4. Rooting down with your right heel, start to shift the weight onto your right foot as you start to raise the left leg off the floor bringing your torso upright.
5. You may stay here with your left leg bent, or extend the left leg out without swinging the opposite hip to the side.
Lift your chest, stand tall and strong and stay for 5-10 breaths. Slowly lower the torso and left and the same time, releasing your bind then switch on the other side.
- Strengthens the legs
- Maintains focus and balance
- Opens the groins and hamstrings