1. Starting with your feet together, bend your knees deeply sitting back on your heels (come onto the balls of your feet)
2. Staying focused with your balance, bring your left elbow to the outside of your right knee. Place both of your hands flat on the floor shoulder-width apart.
3. Keep your left elbow hugging close to your right knee as you begin to lift the hips and shift them slightly to the left
4. Gaze forward and start to bend your elbows to a 90 degree angle (thing chaturanga arms) as you lift your feet off the ground.
5. Keep extending your heart forward, shoulders back, and press down through your palms.
Hold for 5 deep breaths, then slowly lower your feet and repeat on the other side.
- Strengthens the arms, wrists and shoulders
- Improves balance and focus
- Tones the belly