1. Start lying on your back with your knees bent. Separate your feet hip distance apart and start to walk them back towards your hips so you can touch the back of your heels.
2. Bring your hands behind you, bend your elbows back, palms flat on the floor, and fingers pointing towards your shoulders.
3. Press into your palms as you lift your hips to bring the crown of your head to the floor
4. Take a deep breath in, and as you exhale firm your legs, press into your feet and hands to lift your head off the floor then straighten the arms.
Relax the head, soften your glutes and keep your feet parallel to the mat. Stay for 5-10 breaths then slowing tuck your chin in, bend your elbows and slowly lower down to the floor. Hug your knees into your chest and rock side to side to massage your low back.
Modification: bridge pose
- Strengthens the arms, legs, abdomen and spine
- Stretches the chest and lungs
- Increases energy