1. Start standing with your feet together, toes and heels touching.
2. Bend your knees deeply, until your fingertips touch the floor by your side. Inhale raise your arms up by your ears. This is chair pose.
3. Glance down to make sure you can see your toes. Do not let your knees past your toes.
4. Bring your palms together at your heart. Take a deep breathe in, and as you exhale twist to the right, bringing your left elbow to the outside of your right knee.
5. Press into your palms, lift the chest and gaze over your right shoulder.
As you breathe into your twist, make sure your knees are together and toes are still pointing forward, parallel to the mat. Hold for 5-10 breaths, come back to centre and repeat on the left side.
- Strengthens the hips and thighs
- Chest and shoulder opener
- Stretches your calf muscles