How to do it:
1. Start sitting with your legs straight out in front of you.
2. Bend your right knee, and place the sole of your foot to your inner left thigh.
3. Begin to fold over your left leg, adjusting your torso slightly to the left and drawing your left side ribs in.
4. Inhale, lengthen the spine, then exhale, draw your navel in and up to fold deeper over the leg (you may place your hands on either side of your leg, on your shin or grabbing the outside of the foot).
5. Avoid rounding in the back and keep your hips leveled.
Hold for 5-10 breaths then repeat on the other side
- Stretches the spine, shoulders, hamstrings, and groins
- Stimulates the liver and kidneys
- Relieves anxiety, fatigue, headache, menstrual discomfort