How to do it:
1. Start on your hands and knees. Bring your feet together and separate the knees wider than the hips.
2. Begin to lean your weight back, sitting on your heels.
3. Lengthen the spine as you stretch your arms out in front of you. Relax your head and bring the forehead to the mat.
4. You may also bring your arms along side the body palms facing up. Soften the shoulders.
This is a resting pose. Stay for a minute or longer than slowly come up.
- Calms the mind and relieves stress
- Gently stretches the hips, thighs and lower back