|parivrtta prasarita padottanasana|
1. Start standing wide, with your toes turned in slightly and your heels slightly out. Ensure that the edges of your feet are parallel with the edges of your mat.
2. Bring your hands on your hips. On an inhale lengthen the spine, and as your exhale begin to hinge from your hips and fold forward over your legs.
3. Bring your hands to the ground or a block.
4. Bring your left hand to centre, stacking your left shoulder over your left wrist. Bring your right hand to your hip.
5. Take a deep breath in, lengthen the spine reach through the crown of your head. As you exhale, start to open your chest and twist to the right.
6. Reach your right arm up, gazing up towards your extended hand or rotate the arm to grab the inside of your left thigh
Hold for 5-10 breaths, then release and switch sides. To come up, bring your hands back to your hips. On an inhale, rise up with a flat back.
- Stretches hamstrings, calves, low back and spine
- Strengthens upper back and shoulders
- Opens hips