|setu bandha sarvangasana|
How to do it:
1. Start lying down on your back. Bend your knees, bringing your feet hip width apart.
2. Walk your feet back, until you can touch the back on your heels.
3. Press into the soles of the feet and start to lift the hips. Place the block on the lowest level under your sacrum, right at the base of the spine (you may bring the block higher for a deeper backbend)
4. Keep your feet parallel
5. Soften into your low back, relax the arms and breathe.
Stay for one to five minutes, then slowly lift the hips and remove the block. Lower the hips down slowly, pause then hug your knees into your chest, rocking from side to side to massage the low back
- Opens the chest and spine
- Stretches the front thighs
- Helps relieve back pain