|padangustha padma utkatasana|
1. Start standing up and begin to shift your weight onto your left foot.
2. Bend your right knee, and cross your ankle above your left knee.
3. Focus on a point to gaze at and bring your hands together at the heart centre (you may choose to stay here as the first variation)
4. Start to bend your standing leg, lean forward slightly as you begin sitting down into a one-legged squat
5. Lengthen the spine as you come deeper, lifting your left heel off of the ground, balancing on the ball of your foot (you may use your fingertips as a support when you come down)
Listen to your body and know your limitations. Stay for 5-10 breaths and slowly make your way back up into a standing position. Switch sides.
- strengthens the ankles
- opens the hips
- develops balance and clarity of mind
image source: Laura May Photography