Prasarita Padottanasana A
How to do it:
1. Start with your legs comfortably wide apart, and hands on your hips. On an inhale, open the chest and gaze up.
2. As you exhale, fold over the legs, releasing your hands to the floor (you may also rest your hands on a block if you can’t touch the groud).
3. Inhale, lengthen the spine, then exhale begin to walk your hands back in line with your feet. Relax your head, roll your shoulders away from the ears and draw your elbows in, keeping your hands shoulder width apart.
4. Keep your legs active (you may also bend your knees slightly)
Hold for 5-10 breaths then brings your hands onto your hips and slowly come all the way up.
- Strengthens and stretches the inner and back legs and the spine
- Tones the abdominal organs
- Calms the brain
- Relieves mild backache